Saturday, August 20, 2011

Panda Express, Plans To FSU, & Class

College. Is. The. Best. Place. EVER! Why didn't anyone tell me?! Oh, wait... :)

A few things have changed since I first got here. Jen and I re-arranged our beds, so now we have more room! It's so nice not being right on top of each other now. The room is still the size of a closet, but it feels homey. My bed is lifted, and Jen's is underneath. I'm so thankful to have a wonderful roommate!























The last week has been awesome. I'm getting to know locations on campus a lot better! I still get lost when I'm driving, but if I'm walking I'm usually okay. I have adjusted to the community showers, and I can now quickly and skillfully shower in the morning. The bathrooms/showers get cleaned every day, but the girls on my hall aren't gross or anything so that's a plus. I did, however, have a lizard that wanted to be friends with me when I was trying to shower before class the other day. Gag. I also met a girl that apparently likes to pretend she's a "black rapper" when she's in the shower. Yes, she actually told me that. Whatever floats her boat, no judgement here. Okay.. maybe just a little. :) In other news, I have spent too much time at the Panda Express they recently put in the Union, but I've also become good friends with the Sanderson Center because that's where the gym is. I'm a friendly person and all, but this girl refuses to be friends with the freshman 15. STAYAWAYFROMME. Speaking of friends, I have REALLY great ones. I'm super blessed. I've also met a few people in particular that are really wonderful and I already know they're going to be really important people in my life. Oh, and I'm getting even closer to some of the really awesome girls on my hall! They make me happy. :)

Parties are fun, people are fun.. but waking up in the morning is NOT fun. I think I've had more new experiences this past week than I've ever had during the last 18 years of my life. I know I have family reading this and my mom's heart rate is probably picking up speed right about now, but no worries. I'm smart and safe.. except on the weekends.

I'm kidding, mom and dad. You can breathe. :)

Don't worry, I'm not throwing away the education that already has me $10,000 in debt. I've been going to class and plan on getting a 4.0 this semester. Fingers crossed. I really like my classes already. I only have one 8 am class, which is physical science (and in MS State East Jesus..yay), but my teacher is cute and he's really good at teaching, so it's totally worth it. My Honors Comp 2 teacher is AUSTRALIAN! Gotta love those accents. That class doesn't even feel like a class. There's only about 15 of us and we sit around a table. Geography, Algebra, and Psychology aren't bad. I have really good teachers, so I'm thankful for that.

I also checked out the church here. I absolutely love it! The priest is really funny, I have a lot of friends that go there, and it feels very welcoming and wonderful. I'm really going to like it there! So don't worry, I'm keeping my faith, brain, and sanity in check. It is only the first week though. Who knows what I'll be like at Christmas time in a few months.

Juuuuuust kidding. :) Love to all my family! I miss you guys, but college is amazing. I'm already having the time of my life!

PS- FSU does not stand for Florida State University, in case you were confused. That is all. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment