Anyway. I don't really have a general theme for this one. It's kind of just a dump of everything that's been happening or on my mind lately. Ever since I got home from school at the beginning of May, I've felt like I've been on the playground monkey bars. Swinging from one event to the next while desperately trying to hold on to every perfect moment (in monkey bar form) without losing my grip and falling off. So how about we switch it up and do bullet points this time! Sound good? Well, it doesn't matter.. because it's my blog. I call the shots. Duh.
- First of all, I have to brag a little bit. My big brother graduated from the University of Virginia with a Bachelor of Science in Commerce. I flew up a few days early and had the best time with JT and Karley! I love it up there. Anyway, in just two short years JT accomplished more than some people do in 4 or 5 years. Or ever. He was president of the McIntire Commerce Group and receive the 21 Society Award for achievement and leadership. It was given to only 21 4th years.. out of like, 6000. It's a HUGE honor and I am so proud! Although, if you know JT, none of this should surprise you. :) He starts his new job in August, so he and Karley will be moving there later this summer. He's a wonderful role model, an even better big brother, and the greatest best friend. Love ya, J!
- After our Virginia adventure, JT and Karley came home and the Cacibaudas were off to Disney World yet again! It was my 17th time this year, and it truly never gets old. Each trip is a new adventure. This year we took on Disney World with a side of tropical storm rain. It didn't matter though, we still had a blast! We even ate lunch inside Cinderella's Castle with the princesses again. Never underestimate the power and determination of Rose Cacibauda. Thanks, mom. :) If you want to do Disney right, do it with the Cacibaudas. We are pros.
- Our Disney trip ended quickly and we were slammed back into reality. An online biology class, student loans, and no one to tell you to have a magical day every five minutes. I'm on a very annoying hunt for a job, because the one I had fell through. Gag.
- I'm a Cacibauda, so I'm programmed to HATE when things change. Obviously this has always been and will always be a problem, but it's an even bigger problem when you're in college. Why? Because nothing stays the same. Your weight, your relationships with people, the way your hair looks in the morning. (Okay, actually that last one hasn't changed. My hair is always a mess.) But seriously. If my body wants to be skinny, it needs to stop going all psycho on me. And if you're going to waltz or tango into my life and be a person that I actually give two flips about, stay put. You can't just waltz or tango wherever you please. Do people think they have free will or something these days? I NEED SOME CONSISTENCY, PEOPLE! Rant over.
- Has anyone read Fifty Shades of Grey? Here's my rule about the books I read: if people I know who HATE to read and never read for fun tell me to read a book/series, I usually don't read it. It's usually just a book/series that is temporarily popular and absolutely sucks. Not always, but 98% of the time. Everyone kept telling me to read this book, so I found the pdf online and started reading/skimming. Let me just say that I will never get those few hours of my life back. Christian is SO controlling and awful and psycho. The only thing I liked was Ana's sarcasm. She was funny sometimes. I'll admit that every now and then I would catch myself getting all girly and smiling when Christian was being nice and saying he cared about her and all of that gag-worthy nonsense, but eventually he would stop being nice and I would snap out of it. Just like with boys in real life! Ya know, they don't seem to be that different in books. But seriously. Is there something I'm missing? (Do NOT say, "Oh, Alexa, he loves her! Don't you have feelings?" NOPE. No I do not. Feelings are for people who enjoy that gut-wrenching feeling that comes after the end of something that was temporarily good. Duh.) All it taught me was that girls are idiots and somehow think it's okay to be a half girlfriend/half sex slave to a rich, controlling man that's a smooth talker. We are killing trees so we can publish books like THAT? It would be easier to just tell people to watch some porn. It won't take you as long and we'll be saving the trees. Win/win. If you liked the book, well.. sorry I'm not sorry. There are PLENTY of other fantastic books you could be reading!
Over and out. And have a magical day. :)